Lee Memorail Hall was originally constituted under a Deed of Trust dated 18 July 1923. This covered the needs of fund-raising and organisation for the initial build as well as the ongoing management of the hall once the work was completed.
The Deed of Trust placed these responsibilities in the hands of three Trustees (new referred to as the Holding Trustees). Whilst these Trustees had ultimate power of veto, they placed the day to day runing of the hall in the hands of a Management Committee.
In August 1977 the Hall was registered as a Charity (Reg. No. 273940).
Under a Constitution revised at the 2003 Annual General Meeting, members of the Management Committee are elected, appointed or co-opted on an annual basis with the officers being elected from the membership of the Management Committee. An amendment to the Constitution was agreed at the 2011 Annual General Meeting that the Committee shall be composed of the three HoldingTrustees together with:-
– Six nominees from village organisations elected annually at the AGM;
– Three persons from the village elected annually at the AGM;
The Management Committee members are also formally recognised as Trustees by the Charity Comissioners, and are generally referred to as the Management Trustees.
|Alan Bannister||Chair, Church Rep||MT|
|Jane Johncock||Secretary, Watercolour Group Rep||MT|
|Trevor Greaves||Residents' Association Rep||MT|
|Sandy Hanson||Village Rep||MT|
|Geoff Hills||Vilage Rep||MT|
|Tony Mortimer||Village Rep||MT|
|Steve Poore||Village Rep||HT|
|Eleanor Scarrott||WI Rep.||MT|
|Bennett Wright||Village Rep.||MT|
|Becca Wyles||Mini-Monsters' Rep.||MT|
* MT - Management Trustee; HT Holding Trustree; Coopt- Coopted Member.