Built in 1923 as a memorial to those from the villages of Lee and Lincombe who served in the Great War the hall continues to provide a wide range of facitities for community activities. The hall, which has been awarded the Hallmark Level Two classification by the Devon Commuties Together organisation is available for hire for private, public and commercial functions at very competative hire charges.
This lovely stone built building blends very well into the beautiful valley in which the village is situated. It is in a Conservation Area within the North Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It is opposite the delightful parish church of St Matthew.
It is particularly popular as a wedding reception venue, with the adjacent meadow often used to house a marquee if additional space is requred. It is also ideal as a small conference venue, or as a base for activity events in and around the sea shore, woodlands and moorland that surround the village.
The hall has been extensively refurbished and enlarged over the years to meet the changing needs and expectations of the community, with major work carried out most recently between 2010 and 2013.
Key features include:
- The main hall, with tables and chairs for up to 75 people, or 100 if standing;
- A small stage, with lighting, modern sound system, digital projector, screen, piano, etc.
- A well equipped kitchen with twin cookers, crockery, cutlery, etc. Dishwasher, microwave and hot water boiler;
- A small committee room, separated from the stage by a sound insulated partition;
- Modern toilets, including a separate room for disabled users;
- A meadow with room to erect a marquee if additional space is required;
Adjacent to the Hall is a privately owned car park which is sufficient for the needs of most occasions when the Hall is used.
For full details on facilities, contact for bookings and charges, please follow the links on the main menu.